English   español  
Por favor, use este identificador para citar o enlazar a este item: http://hdl.handle.net/10261/95874
Compartir / Impacto:
Estadísticas
Add this article to your Mendeley library MendeleyBASE
Ver citas en Google académico
Visualizar otros formatos: MARC | Dublin Core | RDF | ORE | MODS | METS | DIDL
Exportar otros formatos: Exportar EndNote (RIS)Exportar EndNote (RIS)Exportar EndNote (RIS)
Título

Nucleosome dynamics during the expression of the meiotic transcriptional programme in Schizosaccharomyces pombe

Autor Soriano, Ignacio; Quintales, Luis; Antequera, Francisco
Fecha de publicación jun-2013
Citación EMBO Conference on Fission Yeast: pombe 2013
ResumenNucleosomes facilitate the packaging of the eukaryotic genome and modulate the access of regulators proteins to DNA. To determine the extent of chromatin remodelling along a developmental process, we have generated high-resolution nucleosome maps by next generation sequencing that allow us to determine the localization and dynamics of individual nucleosomes during mitosis and meiosis in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. We show that remodelling is limited to approximately 1000 nucleosomes that represent 1.5% of the genome and map to the promoters of a subset of meiosis-specific genes. This fraction contrasts sharply with the remaining 98.5% of the genome, which is organized in a pattern of highly positioned nucleosomes that remains virtually invariable during mitosis and meiosis. This pattern is maintained despite the different processes undergone by the chromosomes, and even across genes that display widely different levels of expression. We also show that nucleosome-depleted regions at the 5’ end of genes overlap precisely with clusters of binding sites for transcription factors that are specific for different functional classes of genes. These results suggest the possibility that the sequence-dependent positioning of transcription complexes at promoters could contribute to maintaining a constant nucleosome pattern across the genome.
Descripción Trabajo presentado al 7th International Fission Yeast Meeting celebrado en Londres del 24 al 29 de Junio de 2013.
Versión del editorhttp://events.embo.org/13-pombe/
URI http://hdl.handle.net/10261/95874
Aparece en las colecciones: (IBFG) Comunicaciones congresos
Ficheros en este ítem:
Fichero Descripción Tamaño Formato  
Nucleosome dynamics during.pdf3,36 MBAdobe PDFVista previa
Visualizar/Abrir
Mostrar el registro completo
 


NOTA: Los ítems de Digital.CSIC están protegidos por copyright, con todos los derechos reservados, a menos que se indique lo contrario.