English   español  
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10261/171190
Share/Impact:
Statistics
logo share SHARE logo core CORE   Add this article to your Mendeley library MendeleyBASE

Visualizar otros formatos: MARC | Dublin Core | RDF | ORE | MODS | METS | DIDL
Exportar a otros formatos:

Title

The Maser-emitting Structure and Time Variability of the SiS Lines J = 14-13 and 15-14 in IRC+10216

AuthorsFonfría, José Pablo ; Fernández-López, M.; Pardo Carrión, Juan Ramón ; Agúndez, Marcelino ; Sánchez Contreras, C.; Cernicharo, José ; Santander-García, M.; Quintana-Lacaci, G. ; Castro-Carrizo, Arancha; Curiel, Salvador
KeywordsTechniques: interferometric
Stars: oscillations
Stars: individual (IRC+10216)
Stars: AGB and post-AGB
Circumstellar matter
Masers
Issue Date25-Jun-2018
PublisherAmerican Astronomical Society
CitationAstrophysical Journal 860: 2 (2018)
AbstractWe present new high angular resolution interferometer observations of the v = 0 J = 14-13 and 15-14 SiS lines toward IRC+10216, carried out with the Combined Array for Research in Millimeter-wave Astronomy and the Atacama Large Millimeter Array. The maps, with angular resolutions of ≃0.″25 and 0.″55, reveal (1) an extended, roughly uniform, and weak emission with a size of ≃0.″5; (2) a component elongated approximately along the east-west direction peaking at ≃0.″13 and 0.″17 at both sides of the central star; and (3) two blue- and redshifted compact components peaking around 0.″07 to the NW of the star. We have modeled the emission with a 3D radiation transfer code, finding that the observations cannot be explained only by thermal emission. Several maser clumps and one arc-shaped maser feature arranged from 5 to 20 from the central star, in addition to a thin shell-like maser structure at ≃13 , are required to explain the observations. This maser-emitting set of structures accounts for 75% of the total emission, while the other 25% is produced by thermally excited molecules. About 60% of the maser emission comes from the extended emission, and the rest comes from the set of clumps and the arc. The analysis of a time monitoring of these and other SiS and SiS lines carried out with the IRAM 30 m telescope from 2015 to present suggests that the intensity of some spectral components of the maser emission strongly depends on the stellar pulsation, while other components show a mild variability. This monitoring evidences a significant phase lag of ≃0.2 between the maser and near-IR light curves.
Description18 pags., 11 figs., 3 tabs., 2 apps.
Publisher version (URL)https://doi.org/10.3847/1538-4357/aac5e3
URIhttp://hdl.handle.net/10261/171190
Identifiersdoi: 10.3847/1538-4357/aac5e3
issn: 1538-4357
Appears in Collections:(CFMAC-IFF) Artículos
(ICMM) Artículos
(CAB) Artículos
Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
The Maser-emitting.pdf2,76 MBAdobe PDFThumbnail
View/Open
Show full item record
Review this work
 

Related articles:


WARNING: Items in Digital.CSIC are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.