Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10261/169285
Share/Export:
logo share SHARE logo core CORE BASE
Visualizar otros formatos: MARC | Dublin Core | RDF | ORE | MODS | METS | DIDL | DATACITE
Title

Absence of spontaneous response improvement beyond day +100 after autologous stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma

AuthorsFernández de Larrea, Carlos; Dávila, Julio; Isola, I.; Ocio, Enrique M. CSIC ORCID ; Rosiñol, Laura; García-Sanz, Ramón; Cibeira, M.T.; Tovar, N.; Rovira, M.; Mateos, Maria Victoria; Miguel, J. S.; Bladé, Joan
Issue Date2017
PublisherNature Publishing Group
CitationBone Marrow Transplantation 52(4): 567-569 (2017)
AbstractThe response evaluation after autologous stem-cell transplantation (ASCT) is usually performed at day +100 in patients with multiple myeloma (MM). A recent report suggests that improvement in the response can be observed beyond day +100. The aim of the present study has been to evaluate the rate of improved response and outcome beyond day +100 after ASCT, with and without maintenance therapy. One hundred and forty-four patients who underwent single ASCT with chemosensitive disease and achieved less than CR at day 100 post ASCT were evaluated. Seventy-four patients (51.4%) did not receive any maintenance with only one of them showing an upgrade in the response. The remaining 70 patients (48.6%) received maintenance therapy; eleven of them (15.7%) improved their response beyond day +100. The outcome of these patients was better than those who did not upgrade their response in both progression-free survival and overall survival (P=0.019 and P=0.031, respectively). In conclusion, the improvement in response beyond day +100 after ASCT in patients not receiving any therapy is exceedingly rare. A minority of patients receiving maintenance therapy after ASCT upgrades their response and this finding is associated with better outcome.
URIhttp://hdl.handle.net/10261/169285
DOI10.1038/bmt.2016.299
Identifiersdoi: 10.1038/bmt.2016.299
e-issn: 1476-5365
issn: 0268-3369
Appears in Collections:(IBMCC) Artículos




Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat
accesoRestringido.pdf15,38 kBAdobe PDFThumbnail
View/Open
Show full item record
Review this work

PubMed Central
Citations

3
checked on May 7, 2022

SCOPUSTM   
Citations

4
checked on May 25, 2022

WEB OF SCIENCETM
Citations

4
checked on May 20, 2022

Page view(s)

295
checked on May 28, 2022

Download(s)

82
checked on May 28, 2022

Google ScholarTM

Check

Altmetric

Dimensions


Related articles:


WARNING: Items in Digital.CSIC are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.