English   español  
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10261/139528
Share/Impact:
Statistics
logo share SHARE   Add this article to your Mendeley library MendeleyBASE
Visualizar otros formatos: MARC | Dublin Core | RDF | ORE | MODS | METS | DIDL
Exportar a otros formatos:
Title

Geomatic techniques applied to the analysis of soil degradation (soil sealing and heavy metals) on traditional irrigation agricultural systems (L'Albufera de Valencia Natural Park, Spain).

AuthorsPascual, Juan Antonio ; Andreu Pérez, V. ; Gimeno-García, Eugenia
Issue DateJul-2013
Citation9º Congreso Ibérico y 6º Iberoamericano de Contaminación y Toxicología Ambiental (2013)
AbstractSpatial techniques (Geomatics) have been applied to analyze pressures on agricultural soils of the agro-ecological protected area of L¿Albufera de Valencia, Natural Park, located in the vicinity or the urban area of the City of Valencia, Spain. The methodology developed considers two types of analysis: (1) anthropogenic soil sealing (the loss of soils by building and infrastructures) and (2) degradation by heavy metals. For soils sealing, a temporal analysis was established from the construction of two Geographical Information Systems (GIS) vector layers. In both the digitizing and feature extraction were similar. Vectors layers were obtained from existing high definition orthophotos corresponding to the year 1991 and 2008. Further analysis applying landscape metrics to establish rates of soil sealing, patchiness and municipal densities were performed to both synchronic and diachronic comparisons. Heavy metals study was applied after the extraction of nine soil samples distributed over the northern part of the study area. From soil samples, concentrations (mg/kg) of seven heavy metals (Cb, Co, Cr, Cu, Ni, Pb and Zn) where extracted and further geo-referenced for geo-statistical representation using Kriging methods. In 1991 the loss of soils by anthropogenic sealing was high (18.3%) in the total study area, although it has an increment of 3.7% in 2008 (22.0%). The process was more intense in the northern municipalities; some of them with more than 1/3 of the land already cover by artificial surfaces in 1991. Such trends are also reflected in soil fragmentation, with considerable increase of the patches between both dates. Heavy metals were found in all samples. High concentrations were observed in Cd, Co, Cu, Ni and Pb. Representativeness of the spatial distribution of heavy metals was, determined by Coefficient of Multiple Determination, R2 ) was considerable for Zn (0.83), Pb (0,82) and Cd (0.81), with some trends for Cr (0.68) and Cu (0.49) and with no significance for Ni (0.20) an Co (0.07).
DescriptionPóster presentado en el 9º Congreso Ibérico y 6º Iberoamericano de Contaminación y Toxicología Ambiental, celebrado en Valencia, España del 1 al 4 de julio de 2013
URIhttp://hdl.handle.net/10261/139528
Appears in Collections:(CIDE) Comunicaciones congresos
Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
accesoRestringido.pdf15,38 kBAdobe PDFThumbnail
View/Open
Show full item record
Review this work
 


WARNING: Items in Digital.CSIC are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.