English   español  
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10261/129707
Share/Impact:
Statistics
logo share SHARE logo core CORE   Add this article to your Mendeley library MendeleyBASE

Visualizar otros formatos: MARC | Dublin Core | RDF | ORE | MODS | METS | DIDL
Exportar a otros formatos:
Title

Oxygen excess and superconductivity at 45 K in La2CaCu2O6+y

AuthorsFuertes, Amparo ; Obradors, Xavier ; Navarro, J. M.; Gómez-Romero, P. ; Casañ Pastor, Nieves ; Pérez, F.; Fontcuberta, Josep ; Miravitlles, Carles ; Rodríguez-Carvajal, Juan; Martínez Perea, Benjamín
Issue Date1990
PublisherElsevier
CitationPhysica C: Superconductivity 170(1-2): 153-160 (1990)
AbstractPreparation of single-phase stoichiometric La2CaCu2O6+y from oxide precursors is reported along with high-resolution neutron powder diffraction studies. To date this is the only route that allows the stoichiometric phase to be obtained. An air-heated sample having y=0.0378(8) displays a transition onset at 45 K to diamagnetic susceptibility. Nevertheless, the maximum amount of superconducting phase inferred from these flux exclusion experiments is only 1% in volume. It is also found that the diamagnetic signal is not substantially modified by changing the annealing atmosphere at normal pressures. Neutron diffraction data show a high atomic ordering of La and Ca ions with a strong preference (75%) of Ca ions for sites eight-fold coordinated located between the Cu-O2 planes. The other 25% is occupied by La ions, around which the excess oxygen is located with partial occupancies, yielding a higher coordination number for some of these La ions. Comparison of this structure with that of the nonsuperconducting oxide La1.9Ca1.1Cu2O6+y, suggests that the observed small superconductivity islands are related to clustered oxygen excess intercalated between the two Cu-O2 planes, along with the La ions. The small overall concentration of defects observed here, and thus the small number of holes, is responsible for the absence of bulk superconductivity in La2CaCu2O6+y.
URIhttp://hdl.handle.net/10261/129707
DOI10.1016/0921-4534(90)90241-6
Identifiersdoi: 10.1016/0921-4534(90)90241-6
issn: 0921-4534
Appears in Collections:(ICMAB) Artículos
Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
accesoRestringido.pdf15,38 kBAdobe PDFThumbnail
View/Open
Show full item record
Review this work
 

Related articles:


WARNING: Items in Digital.CSIC are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.